So a while ago i had a burning desire to upgrade my 7 year old PC. I wanted something small, but beefy, with sufficient cooling. I believe I have succeeded.
Things that went well/What I like about the build
- Small compact with lots of guts (obviously)
- It runs cool as
- The case has lots of radiator support options
- I have the option for another 120mm fan on the base of the case
- Push/Pull config on the H100i is possible if i were to remove dust filter from the front - more options!
- M.2s are new to me. So this drive is unbelievably quick
- My previous PSU was a silverstone and it never skipped a beat in the 9+ years i had it (it was frankensteined into my previous build). This one is sexy as, representing the Titanium level of efficiency. Fully modular with the cable mod ST series cables.
- The mag lev fans i selected out of curiosity, the concept has always fascinated me so it is awesome to see corsair bringing it into the pc word.
The things that went wrong/What i dislike about the build
- CPU radiator mount wouldnt fit with the ram i selected (top mount) - forcing me to install on the front. This caused everything to be out of idea position. Everything is running well though IMO.
- H100i uses 9pin usb usb 2.0 header, which my motherboard does not have. I could run a 20pin to 9pin adaptor but then i'd lose my front usb ports. It seems to be going fine without it.
- Lack of a 3rd channel in Q-Control for the 3rd fan header (AIO_PUMP). My GPUs radiator is currently plugged into it, but i think it fluctuates RPM based off CPU temp? Correct me if im wrong. I would ideally like to have the ability to change how this works, (PWM/DC) but it has no such option.
Overly i'm very happy with the setup. I even modded my desk with some ducting and installed a new shelf for it to tuck under the desk on. Neat
Next on the list is a 1440p 144hz monitor.
I hope you guys like my poor quality photos (soz)