I built this system as a portable SFF PC to take places and make my Virtual Reality and gaming setup more portable. I used the Silverstone Sugo SG13B Case. Playing Anthem on epic settings for 6+ hours, temps maxed at 58 CPU and 63 GPU. This is with the H80i and no additional case fans.
Recommended assembly order:
- Attach CPU mount bracket and standoffs to Motherboard
- Attach RAM to Motherboard
- Attach I/O shield and screw Motherboard into standoffs in SG13B case.
- Hook up front-panel connections according to your Motherboard specifications. [Leaving the front panel "off"]
- Attach power cables to Motherboard [if using a modular PSU] and Sata cables for HardDrives
- Attach the H80i cooling block to the CPU/Mobo with the tubes facing to the side of the Mobo. Rotate the radiator to the inside of the front panel of the case, and attach one of the cooling fans to the front. [This should be pulling air into the case through the front screen and over the radiator inside of the case.] Plug the cooler into the Mobo's CPU fan port.
- Attach GPU to the Mobo slot and screw in the GPU support brackets to the back of the case.
- Attach Drives to the drive holder/bracket.
- If using a SFX PSU, attach the SFS to ATX adapter bracket. I can't recommend the H80 with an ATX PSU, as I don't think it will fit.
- Screw the drives to the drive bracket, and connect SATA cables. Note: If additional drive space is needed, a drive and be screwed to the floor of the case between steps 2 and 3.
- Connect all power cables to the PSU and ensure that any additional fans are connected to the Mobo.
- Connect the PSU to the case.
- Slide the top of the case in on the back panel and you're set!
Additional note(s): It would be a good idea to do a system check at step #6 by starting the PC and ensuring that you get the BIOS screen before fully assembling the PC. This makes it easier to diagnose any issues with components not working, not being seated correctly etc.
If you have any questions, please do Comment!
PS: I also have a 92mm Arctic F9 Silent fan that I intend to put between the Mobo and PSU on the side of the case to use as a second input. I will connect this to the open plug on the H80i [since i'm only using one cooling fan on the radiator - both will not fit].