add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

Haha "Can't go wrong with them". I just had two G2 750w's die on me within 2 months of building my PC. It took 3 weeks for each to die, the first just died without reason, the second started emitting white smoke and then something blew up inside of it. I'm wary of EVGA PSUs now...

[comment deleted]
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I'm just shocked that even the one they sent as a replacement was faulty. I'm thinking of switching to Corsair PSUs, but I haven't really look into which ones are good yet.

[comment deleted]
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know what's up with EVGA the faulty replacement even came with a nasty scratch on it, like a screwdriver slipped over the surface. I see that as disrespect from EVGA, but let's see what condition the next one comes in.

I'm going to check out the Corsair ones and keep the replacement as a backup. I'll be pissed if it fried my stuff -my first build and it hasn't even been a solid 2 months of trouble free use.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube