add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 38 months ago
  • -1 points

I would not recommend the CX series. I've heard many issues with them and I don't think they are reliable.

As for how much wattage to go with when considering what's shown, I'd say at least 100 or more watts over. The reason for this is to have good headroom for overclocking, if you ever consider it. Either way, it never hurts to have more than enough wattage; if anything, the PSU doesn't have to push as many watts, therefore working less, therefore lasting longer.

If you need a recommendation, lemme know how much you're looking to spend on a PSU. If not, I'd highly recommend the EVGA G2 or P2 series PSUs. They are Tier 1 or Tier 2 PSUs and are highly reliable, not to mention a phenomenally great price.

Hope that helped! :)

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

The tier lists are inaccurate there are still many flaws in the list. Besides there are other great gpu's out there which depending on mail in rebates can be cheaper and thus a better option than the G2, P2.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not for me. Just a question. Actually, the new CXM series is much better than the old CX. It's the best PSU out there

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't heard anything of the sort, but I'll take your word for it since I have no evidence to prove otherwise.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

And this time it didn't piss off Johnny

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

The newer CXM 450,550 and 650 are fine. I just don't like the newer CMX 750..

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Its too hard to distinguish between the old ones and the new ones thats my major problem with them. Also, I dont believe they even changed that much between the old and the new. Out of curiosity what is the one on pcpp? This unit

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points

Photo shows the old one but if you check amazon it has the new one which is black and white. Still I would not go with the 750 model. Of all the new ones the only ones to consider are the CXM450,550 and 650. This only have new models so there is no confusion.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube