add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

Basically, in order to use the Phanteks LED strip with the onboard lighting system, you connect it with a cable that comes directly from the top io hub. The only problem was, once you do this it requires a 12v input from a 4pin RGB header, something typically included on higher end lga1151 boards. Mine didn't have this as mentioned. I got the adapters and external power supply from amazon in order to still make use of the strips. The lights onboard, if not connected to the optional LED strip, would just attach to the second SATA power cable which is plugged in from the PSU to my HDD. A scary moment was when I left both the SATA power cable and the LED strip plugged in through one cable and my whole PC booted using the external 12v PSU! (hope all that made sense)

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Totally! Thanks for the insight, that'll help me in my coming build.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll keep an eye out for it!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube