add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

I am using 1x to 16x risers, because for mining you don't really lose much, but for gaming/normal use I'd strongly recommend a 16x to 16x POWERED(or very short) adapter. and pay attention to the length and the flexibility of the ribbon, that is where most people have issues.

• 38 months ago
  • 2 points
  • 38 months ago
  • 1 point

That should be fine, the only 2 things I'd say to look into is #1 if the length is okay for you(most are very short, can't stress this enough), and also the difference between risers that advertise weather they are 3.0 compatible and not mentioned at all, read the reviews. odds are you will lose a bit of performance no matter what, but better to be safe than sorry.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a ton! You're the first person I've found who has actually been helpful regarding this issue.

• 38 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol I did a serious amount of research(on hardware compatibility anyway) for risers and such because of this build. a lot of misconceptions around them.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube