add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately, some of the "content" is delivered with updates, so can't be totally disabled unless we stop updating.

That being said, I feel like they already have all the different versions they need, they just need to start actually making them what they claim to be.

Windows "Home" should indeed be a free to use for home computing, gaming etc OS, that has content/ad delivery.

I don't think it is reasonable to sell an operating system named "professional" that includes "candy crush saga" and "mixed reality portal" and "Xbox" all pre-loaded, and then have MS representatives on support forums trying to call these games legitimate core applications of windows 10.

That's like selling a drill, calling it the professional model, but delivering it to the customer in a Disney Movie Themed Lunch Pail instead of a rugged injection molded tool case.

I wonder if there isn't wiggle room for a lawsuit on the grounds of blatant false advertising. An operating system called "professional" that comes out of the box with a bunch of kids games as "provisioned" applications is not professional at all. In fact, it makes us all look like a bunch of incompetent consumers who have somehow allowed it to get this bad.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Sadly this has become more of a norm than an outlier.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube