add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

That's pretty cool. But, interest checks?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, interest checks are a simple way to gauge buyer interest and test the waters of a market. I just asked what products were lacking and made surveys to see what people were looking for. From there I optimized my product to generate a wide enough audience without compromising on the niche aspect.

An example of this would be the Gherkin 30% keyboard, I tried to make it mass market (mass market for a niche keyboard industry) by making it easier to buy, assembly, and select parts for. However, it was still a product for a limited audience as not many people want a 30%, and those who do demand a higher quality product that can support odd keycaps or switches.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I see. That's pretty cool.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm glad you think that. It was a fun project and I believe it allowed me to discover that I had an aptitude for business.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I've often wondered if I would have an aptitude for business. That being said, it's a tricky thing to figure out until you put it to the test, lol. :)

You should make 10% (IDK if that's really what it would be called) keyboard that has nothing but media control and modifier keys, lol. I'd buy one.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

You should make 10% (IDK if that's really what it would be called) keyboard that has nothing but media control and modifier keys, lol. I'd buy one.

Ah, I believe that already exists. It's called a macropad. Here's an example of one.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube