add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh good, I'll definitely get it then. I'm already used to console running at 30fps or however low it goes in 4k so that will be a nice upgrade.

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Well I wouldn't straight up go for the 2060. Remember the RTX GPUs have a habit if being above the MSRP. So don't expect to get one for $350. I would look more towards the 1070, 1070ti and Vega 56. Mainly the 1070ti and Vega 56. Since you will not be running games with Ray Tracing enabled on the 2060 at 4k you may want to stay away from it. The 1070ti is usually $10-$20 cheaper but the Vega 56 comes bundled with 3 games. And the Vega 56 is a better overclocker. The 1070 is less powerful but still perfectly capable of 4k 60fps. And is usually the cheapest at arpund $330. But lile I said it is less powerful and you will not be able to run it at the same settings at the 1070ti and Vega 56 and 2060.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

The 1070 is less powerful but still perfectly capable of 4k 60fps.

No... It's not, It's not a 4k card.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on the game.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

... You're more than welcome to check the benchmarks, the 1070 rarely hits 60fps at 4k if you're playing at high detail (Which you should be if you're playing at 4k)

It's not a 4k card

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

Too bad esports games don't exist and handle 4k 60fps decently at high settings.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Really. Are you sure about that? Because it seems to run fine at max settings in a lot of games. Surely if you lower the settings a bit you can get that 60fps mark. No? No it can't do 4k 60fps no matter what? Well that's what your blank statement implied.

Anyway the 1070 is perfectly capable of 4k 60fps in most modern games at med/high settings. If it can run all these games at or near max settings and get 30fps than dropping those settings can and will in mlst cases double that fps.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-01-20-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-benchmarks-7001

https://www.techspot.com/review/1182-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070/page4.html

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-review/1100-6440307/#4K_Benchmarks

Sure the 1070 is better suited for 1440p. But I could run games at 4k 30fps on my rx 470. And the 1070 is a lot more powerful than my 470 was.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Did.. U even look at the benchmarks for 4k with the links you gave? it gets on average around 40fps that ain't 60

Really. Are you sure about that? Because it seems to run fine at max settings in a lot of games. Surely if you lower the settings a bit you can get that 60fps mark. No? No it can't do 4k 60fps no matter what? Well that's what your blank statement implied.

No it doesn't maybe look at the benchmarks you sent.

the 1070 rarely hits 60fps at 4k if you're playing at high detail

I don't recommend an rtx 2060 for 4k 60fps at all.. At-least if you're interested in playing with high settings... It's not a 4k card at all...

That's what I wrote, it's not a blanket statement.

It's not a 4k card, it can't do high settings 60fps, and all your links prove that. I don't know what you hoped to gain from this but i'm sorry what you said was false. If you're playing at medium details 4k you might as well not play 4k there's no point spending all that money to play at medium. I'm sorry but my statement is factually accurate

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Those benchmarks were run at or near max settings. Did you miss the part where I said if you drop the settings a bit 60fps is easily achievable? Seriously. Nobody claimed it was capable of 4k 60fos ultra. But 4k 60fps with med/high settings is easily achievable.

It's not a 4k card, it can't do high settings 60fps, and all your links prove that. I don't know what you hoped to gain from this but i'm sorry what you said was false. If you're playing at medium details 4k you might as well not play 4k there's no point spending all that money to play at medium.

Why would you may as well not play at 4k if you are playing at medium/high. In all the games I have played 4k medium looks a heck of a lot better than 1080p ultra.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't recommend an rtx 2060 for 4k 60fps at all.. At-least if you're interested in playing with high settings... It's not a 4k card at all...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube