add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Comments (Continued)

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Then that means your PC is running to the maximum potential it can. This also means if you wanted to upgrade the GPU, you would need a stronger CPU to get more performance from it, at least in this title.

Not all titles are properly coded/optimized so the result you have in Forza 4 might not be the same in all games.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

im running an i3-6100 with a 1060 3gb, I have heard that a good FPS boost = upgrading your CPU, is this true? (in the case that the GPU is running at say, 50% and CPU at 100%

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Not always. When you get a stronger GPU, people will usually increase the settings meaning the GPU is taxed more than before so you do not necessarily get more frames as a result.

Generally speaking, lower settings and resolution results in more frame rates but to push more frames, your CPU must be able to handle more and more work which a 6100 might have problems doing due to having only 2 cores even if it technically has 4 with hyper threading.

This does not mean your CPU is bad or anything but just something to keep in mind.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

i know the CPU isn't bad, but at the same settings, with an i7- 7700 or whatever would there be a FPS incerase? (or would the PC be able to handle more)

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Since your GPU is running at 100%, it would not increase your performance. If your GPU was running at 60% though, you would definitely gain some performance.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

ok, what about CPU intensive games?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube