add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Shorter Cables for TU-100B/A

vikingXcore

49 months ago

Hi guys! My friend and I are about to build in this case in a week or two, so I'm trying to figure out recommended cable lengths.

From what I read on PCPP is that the cable lengths on my chosen PSU are too long. Thankfully this PSU is also full-modular, so I can swap out cables.

Here is our build list that we set up. Budget was that it had to be under $1500 and as small and mobile as possible (sans wheels; may consider rocket pack).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU *Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $200.98 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard $115.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory *G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $45.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $172.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card *XFX Radeon R9 Nano 4GB Video Card $630.66 @ Amazon
Case Lian-Li PC-TU100B Mini ITX Tower Case $96.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply *Silverstone 600W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply $117.99 @ Directron
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1381.09
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-09 08:21 EDT-0400

This is an ultra-mobile, beefy LAN rig with emphasis on small and mobility. It's also cute :3

So this case is really small and these cables for the aforementioned PSU are a bit on the long side :S.

I may either A.) deal with it (not my pc anyways). B.) find a custom cabler. or C.) tuna sandwich.

SO since C has already happened a couple of nights ago (yum), A just can't happen (because I mean come on, this build is looking good); I might have to go with a subversion of B: Coax (read: torture) my friend into just getting an unlocked i7, cryorig cpu cooler and fill any empty space that the nano couldn't cover up with cryorig fans, then get cables custom-made somewhere after i get the case in hand and have made my own measurements.

BUT! If someone has worked with the case or psu or both by chance and can tell me what cable length recommendations are for it, I would love you enough to be *plays music* MENTIONED on the completed build! Or maybe not if I forget. I do that. :S

EDIT: Also, I know that there is one spot for a 120mm Fan, but was curious if there was a bottom vent that I could put another fan into to help the video card breathe.

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

don't know where you read this... the silverstone SFX 600 comes with the short flat cables.. The PP05-E has some that are 50mm shorter

http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technlogy-Flexible-Modular-PP05-E/dp/B00H7Y3I4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444397039&sr=8-1&keywords=PP05-E

but honestly this are flat cables, its so easy to manage them with zip ties. The ones that come with the pus are perfectly fine.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah i forget, it consisted of a lot of google-fu though so I don't wanna source anything that could be a mistake.

Thank for referring to the cable set. Pretty cheap. I guess I'll look at the cables provided first and see if we really need to dump into the budget for shorter cables.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

honestly for a 50mm difference, I don't think you should spend that money. Those are flat cables, its so easy to manage them with zip ties. I bought the PP05E because my SFX 450 watt version came with the regular thick longer cables.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 49 months ago
  • 1 point

ya i had picked the larger silverstone strider for the overhead, but i'll keep the fan size in perspective. Thanks for the reply!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube