add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

DOES THE INTEL PENTIUM g3260 HAVE A GOOD APU?

benjamito01

49 months ago

Hello, I'm. Building a budget gaming PC using the Intel Pentium. I would like to know more about the apu and if it's any good but more importantly, if there are any better CPUs for running apu configs. Thx

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you mean is it a good APU? If so... then no

If you want a good APU get either the A10-7850k or the A8-7600.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok then. From 1 to 10 what would you rate the g3260 apu?

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

Umm I can't give you a linear scaling result because that's not really how it would work.

If I said 4, what would that mean too you? You wouldn't know because it's not in comparison to anything and your 4 might be different to my 4.

However, I say this. It's very basic in terms of graphical power and is not intended for gaming.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah sry, haven't been involved in computers in a long time (school). Any way the g3260 apu compared to the and a10-7700k apu. Which one is better.

There are probably better parts online but these two are the apu's that are available and in my price range (compared to the rest of the parts as well)

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Any way the g3260 apu compared to the and a10-7700k apu.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9287/the-amd-a10-7700k-and-amd-a6-7400k-cpu-review/3

As you can see...... the A10 is much better.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I knew that would be better (just wanted to be sure). Can the apu run games at least on low settings eg terraria, tf2, or would I have to save up for a gpu?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Intel cpus are not apus.Amd a4-a10 cpus are apus

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

Intel cpus are not apus

That's incorrect.

An APU is any CPU with a GPU on the same die. So yes this does include Intel. APU is not an AMD term.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

broadwell CPUs with iris pro graphics apparently have better i-gpu than any of what AMD is offering, including their APUs. Also much more expensive. tomshardware. Other than that, AMDs latest APUs are the best at a more affordable price

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Also much more expensive.

to the point that at that price, not worth it.. Better getting an i5 and a dedicated graphics which will give better performance.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

oh ya definitely. If a person required a gaming pc using a hard-cover book like LOTR (note to self: book case) and could only manage to fit an SFX PSU, mobo, cpu, ram, and M.2 SSD for OS, games, etc. disguised as a bookmark (omg I'm doing this), and money was no object and needed best performance possible that wasn't a console, then I would suggest a broadwell with iris pro.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm pretty sure that if that case can fit a SFX PSU, in most cases it will also fit a low profile GPU. You can get a GTX 750ti low profile which performs way better than iris pro.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-5775c-i5-5675c-broadwell,4169-6.html

For an APU build, AMD is the clear way to go.....

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

if you mounted it upside-down (fan up) to allow for a vent on the top side, the PSU would be slightly shorter than any graphics card by less than an inch. it would also be the tallest part except for RAM maybe.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube