add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can't see the difference between 30 fps and 60fps

GentlemanShark

50 months ago

Hello guys, I have been playing AC:S for a while now and can't seem to see a difference between 60 fps and 30 fps. It only looks slightly faster, however it doesn't look any smoother or non-fidgety. I guess this is my ticket out of the PCMR, but I don't see really any difference. Anyone else experience this or enlighten me to see the difference?

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 3 points

Play a FPS, that is where you will see the biggest difference or it could be due to AC:S being a mess.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe, but even the videos where people compare games in 30 fps and 60 fps like CS:GO, I still can't see that big of difference. Only at around 15-20 is where it is pretty noticeable.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Try playing it or some other fast pacedFPS yourself at 60FPS for a week and then back to 30FPS and then you will hopefully see a difference.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe I'm just used to 30 fps on battlefield 4 on ps3.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Play BF4 on PC at 60FPS then if you have the GTX 970 in your build like your saved partlist suggests I would just pop it out since you aren't going to be able to bring it to 30FPS at 1080P unless you find a way to lock the fps or a way to up the resolution and then play it.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I only have it on PS3 and don't want to spend money on it again since I mostly play DLC maps.

• 50 months ago
  • 3 points

Honestly, I wish I was you! 30fps is pretty bad for me.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Seconded, perhaps your eyes cant keep up at 60fps??

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

My guess is that people who don't mind staying at 30FPS are pretty used to it. But when people go from 60 to 30, it's pretty much the opposite.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

And then 120Hz upwards is a whole different ball game :P haha

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Im used to 30fps. Seems smooth enough to me.

• 50 months ago
  • 3 points

I guess this is my ticket out of the PCMR, but I don't see really any difference.

Even without seeing a difference between 30 and 60 FPS their is still the facts that PC is going to have better graphics, more choice of input devices, more games, just more choices overall. Not worrying about 60 FPS simply means you can play at higher settings with lesser hardware and still be happy.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Everyone's eyes are different and it's a matter of what you get used to and what you are playing.

When I play any type of PvP game I can most certainly notice the difference but when it's anything else then it's much less noticeable, most likely because I've seen it all before.

It's much like the 60Hz vs, 144Hz debate which a couple of youtube channel's have tested out in the past. You take someone who hasn't played between on 144Hz before and it's 50/50 whether or not they notice the difference but people who have played 144Hz for an extended period of time can notice it immediately.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

You probably don't have a 60hz Monitor?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I do.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you getting 60+FPS without Vsync turned on?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

If I turn down most of the settings I can get a solid 60, but normally turn of Vsync.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

If Vsync is off you really don't see any benefit from really high FPS until you get above 100+. With 80FPS you're showing so many partial frames and dropping odd ones that the view is still strange and not very "smooth."

I know with Diablo 3 60fps doesn't feel very "smooth" and >150fps feels a lot better.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Ever since I built my pc and my friends want to play on the Xbox the 30 fps really really bugs me to the point I can only play for 30 mins to an hour.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I wish I could notice the difference more.

[comment deleted]
  • 50 months ago
  • 2 points

No it isn't.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on the game, Not all of them are playable at 30Fps.

[comment deleted]
  • 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Not when you're used to 60. Everything just looks jittery. Not everyones the same though. I know a few people who don't mind a crappy frame rate.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Try playing CS:GO at 30 FPS..

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

it might be something else rather than frames, but you should still be able to see a difference. 30FPS looks slow to me after dealing with 60+. try your other setting like v-sync and Anti-Aliasing. they help out a lot too

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

The faster-paced a game is, the more a high framerate matters. AC isn't as fast as, say, CS, so it's harder to tell the difference. Try playing Quake on 30 FPS and tell me how that goes for you.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Check your monitor settings. It is propably set to 30 FPS. Dont forget to check the on-screen settings on your monitor.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

The monitor would be 30Hz not 30fps.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, sorry i switched it, but in the end it is the same

• 50 months ago
  • 0 points

Sort of

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

these types of games you really dont notice much over 30fps if its smooth... fps games you will definitely notice though. RPG and action games are more about quality than fps count.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Some people just cannot see the difference. I can see the difference between 30 and 60 in most games, but I can't see the difference between 60 and 120 in any game.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Try a racing game locked at 30fps and then lock it to 60fps. Race room is free to play on steam, come back and post your experience if you have the time to try it.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Perhaps you are not looking at the right comparisons?

Try this site: http://www.digitalstorm.com/unlocked/30-fps-vs-60-fps-gameplay-there-is-a-difference-idnum255/

There should be a very noticeable difference in gameplay, 60fps is much smoother.

• 49 months ago
  • 0 points

Please stop replying to this topic, everyone is saying the same thing.

[comment deleted]
  • 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I have tried playing and although I don't have the best vision, I still think it would be good enough to see both. I'm just used to play at 30 fps and 60 doesn't look any smoother.

[comment deleted]
  • 50 months ago
  • 0 points

Pls stahp replin'

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube