add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best OS for gaming

dphillips157

50 months ago

title says it all

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 2 points

Thoroughly answered question. Windows, for having the largest gaming library, and Windows 10 for being the best-performing Windows OS (including having DirectX 12).

• 50 months ago
  • 2 points

As far as existing OS's, Windows is currently the best OS for gaming due to its wide support.However, it isn't exactly designed for gaming.There is an OS designed for gaming, currently being worked on by Valve, called SteamOS.Sadly, because it's still in Beta, Windows still performs just as well, if not better.

On the bright side, SteamOS is completely free, so if you're short on cash, you can download it directly from the Steam site.But if you want a familiar environment that currently, is better for gaming, Windows is your option.

• 50 months ago
  • 2 points

There really isn't that many to choose from. You can't just slap the title "Gaming" onto everything and except magic to make you 1337. Unless you are Razer of course. Just like Gaming RAM and Gaming HDDs.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it worth moving up from Win 8.1 to Win 10 for gaming? Or I won't see any real improvements?

• 50 months ago
  • 0 points

Windows 7, I'm not sold on Windows 10 yet, still seems to be slightly unstable. By mid to late Q1 2016 it should be much more stable.

• 50 months ago
  • 2 points

It's fine. I've been using it since a few weeks after "release." No instability or driver issues at all.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd have to disagree with digitalbravo. I've been noticing instability issues that I never had on Windows 7. I've talked with some friends online, and some of them say it's unstable compared to 7 while some say they've had no issues. Not sure what all the downvotes were for; it seems like kind of a gamble, and that's something that you justifiably don't want to take. People are saying it improves game performance, but I honestly haven't noticed the difference. Plus, there are a thousand other gripes that I've got with it. IMO, it's good that you're waiting.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube