add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What if SSD Boot Drive for your OS stops working?

dns637

50 months ago

Please advise. I would like to know how others have dealt w/ this situation. Do we call Microsoft or SSD company for support?

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Same applies to HDD if it stops working. Get a new drive and install OS on that one. Send in failed drive to manufacturer. The OS has nothing to do with hardware failing to operate.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

You just buy a new drive and reinstall the OS.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a friend that puts them in RAID 1 (somewhat expensive and inefficient solution), this way he can just trade a fried SSD for a good one if needed. But if you don't have that, you'd probably need to find you OS key and reinstall after getting the SSD replaced. Honestly, though, I'd sooner just use a Sandisk ReadyCache drive.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube