add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is bluescreening a common issue on Windows 10?

Kalistol
  • 52 months ago

Hey, all. Despite being very much against upgrading to Windows 10, I bit the bullet and took to the future. I've had a number of issues that I've had to work around, including incompatibility and driver problems, and today it just bluescreened. No warning, no signs of problems, nothing. Then it just spontaneously bluescreened. It couldn't have been heating issues as nothing ever gets too hot in my case (other than my motherboard MOSFETS, but that couldn't be the issue). I've been talking with some friends on Discord, and some have mentioned having bluescreened after upgrading, too. I've never had these issues with Windows 7, so I think it might be the OS.

Update: Checked my drivers, and that was the issue. Problem solved. Thanks, everyone!

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you do a clean install? Seems to solve most issues people run into.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I was really against upgrading to Win10 at first but honestly I have had no problems with the upgrade so far. I did a clean install though.

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

I have. Oddly, it only ever does this to me when I play Warframe. Other games, including Fallout 4, work perfectly. Might it be a driver issue, come to think of it. Oh, and the code was "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" mentioning something about "win32k.sys". Not exactly the most informational error message I've ever read.

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

if its just one game, it may also be an issue with the install... try validating files if its in steam, otherwise, reinstall.

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

ya, this fixes 99 percent of any issues...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube