add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

fallout 4 on ultra anD diablo3 on ultra. What g card should I get? Also what's the difference between the gtx 980 and 980 ti besides vram and clock?

Thecrimsonfukr31

48 months ago

Was wandering if I should buy a 3 to $400 970 or save up for a 980 ti? Also running an fx6300 @3.5 ghz was wandering a 500 watt psu would be enough to over clock that?

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 3 points

what's the difference between the gtx 980 and 980 ti besides vram and clock?

The GTX 980 Ti is basically a Titan X with only 6GB of VRAM for your purposes. There is a pretty good difference in performance between the two.

was wandering a 500 watt psu would be enough to over clock that?

That all depends on the unit.

Was wandering if I should buy a 3 to $400 970 or save up for a 980 ti?

Neither, Diablo 3 isn't demanding. If you don't have to buy Nvida I would go for a R9 380X, it should get around 60FPS to 40FPs on Fallout4 on Ultra at 1080P but if you want better I would for a GTX 970 or a R9 390, just forget about the GTX 980 Ti those games at 1080P, its a stupid amount of overkill.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

For what monitor rez?

I think a 6300 & 980ti would be a lol worthy mismatch personally.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I have recently read that the 980 is a slight upgrade from the 970, only about 10-15 percent increase in fps in most games? But, if your like me, and when you set your mind to a part you want then I'd go for the 980Ti but the PSU might not be able to handle so much stress, maybe upgrading to a 750W might be a bit better if affordable(Better safe than sorry right?). Hope I helped <3

• 48 months ago
  • 0 points

I agree with Vagabond. I'd also like to point out that an FX-6300 would bottleneck any of those cards. You should get at least an i5-4460 CPU instead. The Asus Z97 Anniversary is a great board to match.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube