add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cpu temps fluctuate day to day DRASTICALLY

Blackops010
  • 50 months ago

So yesterday my temps magically dropped to 44c at full load. But today they went back up to 44c at about 25% load. What's the problem? Same temp in room if not colder only difference is I messed around in the bios and made the PC power on by me moving my mouse. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

If this happens day to day then it absolutely cannot be an issue dealing with something ambient, such as the temperature. I would guess it has to do with the power delivery to the CPU or the clock speeds. Monitor those data points and see if you can rule out all other factors through process of elimination. I would maybe reapply thermal paste but I can't see that helping because thermal paste on the CPU is a static situation without much constant change from day to day, or even year to year for that matter. Check fans, power delivery, and clock speeds over x amount of time.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

the cpu keeps getting hotter as it is on, even at 23% it is at 71c. Power for the package is 22 watts.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube