• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

dschutt84 64 months ago

Either one of these CPU's will be used in a mini-itx build with no gaming intended. This build is pretty much just for word and web surfing. Pretty much building this for reliability, temps, and speed. I cant seem to find much in the way of benchmarks between the two, but wondering which one is faster for normal office work not gaming.

Comments Sorted by:

Gary556748s 2 points 64 months ago

For your need perhaps you should also look at the Intel Pentium G3420

dschutt84 submitter 3 Builds 1 point 64 months ago

I would but I want a little more future prof. I hope to not be building another computer for this person for a min 5/6 years. So with the added HT maybe it will be used more, who knows?

LookTopHats 2 Builds 2 points 64 months ago

There is no such thing as "future-proof"

Well technically yes, but between a Pentium to a i3 their is. Sorta like a i5 to i7. Took a i5 4 years before it surpassed the first i7's (i7-920) in all specs.

blaziecat1103 1 point 64 months ago

You need nothing near an i3 OR an A10 to run Word and web browsers. Get a Pentium or an A6, and use the money you save on a small SSD like this one.

I would but then I'd have to explain to the person how to use a computer with 2 different hard drives. It won't go over well. But I agree that would be nice, I just think it would be a nightmare in the long run.

I_Luv_Cheetos 0 points 64 months ago

You'll see more performance from a faster processor than you will a SSD when it comes to stuff like that.

LookTopHats 2 Builds 1 point 64 months ago

True, fair enough :)

Gary556748s 1 point 64 months ago

Thanks guys!