add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Asus sabertooth Mark 1 z170 owners.

aero29
  • 48 months ago

Hey guys I am planning on replacing and rerouting all my chassis fans to the motherboard ( currently using case fan hub ) do you guys know where can I put the exhaust fan? it seems that all Cha_fans header are located to the lower right area of the board the closest is assist_fan 3 is ok to connect it here?

I am connecting all fans to the mobo because it doesnt read/show or detect fans from the hub although its working perfectly fine via Q control I just want to have a full control of the fans individually .

Also I have Corsair H115i AIO thinking of utilizing the w_pump head for the aio pump is it more optimized if I attach the fans directly to the CPU_Fan and the Pump to the W_pump? my current set up is they are all connected to the CPU_fan header.

Reference Manual : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/SABERTOOTH_Z170_MARK1/E10672_SABERTOOTH_Z170_MARK1_UM_WEB.pdf

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. assist fan 3 will work, but it will run off of CPU temps,
  2. just connect the pump to the w_pump header, then connect the rad fans to the other CPU_assist fan slots.
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi thanks for the reply. Is it better to put the rad fans on the cpu_ assist fans and not the CPU_fan?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

one on the CPU fan, the other on a assist fan, if you're not solely transmitting PWM data along those four pins, a splitter can burn out a header

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I guess extension is the answer the Assist fan 3 the manual says that its +5v and should only be used on assist fans.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

i bought 2 non PWM fans that should be ok right? Mobo can still control/regulate it via bios or asus suite.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube