add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New! Samsung SM961 SSD Review

The.Geeked.
  • 47 months ago

The SM961 is the SSD that everyone is talking about because it provides up to 3,200 MB/s of sequential performance. No more rumors, today it's tested; the new Samsung SM961 1TB NVMe SSD from the SSI group. Is this your next SSD? Click Here for full story/review

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm building a new machine with a Rampage 5 Edition 10, dying to get my hands on a M.2 drive such as the 950 Pro, but because of this drive's announcement (and the "960 pro" coming out before the end of the year) I decided to get the U.2 1.2TB Intel 750 instead -- and once the M.2 drive releases, I'll get it and end up using both; the M.2 for my OS, and U.2 as a 'secondary storage' (it doesn't even seem right to call it as such).

Definitely exciting times for storage.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't mind putting the 1TB one in my laptop lol

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice. Just sent back my 950 pro after seeing this. Really brought it at a dodgy time anyways. I can't wait to see the 950 Pros replacement however

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm, if I’m about to build a new rig, should I get a 950 Pro now, or wait (how long, though) for a 960 Pro version of this SM961? Thanks!

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

If you want to build your computer now, just go with the 950 Pro. If you have to wait, you should grab the 960 Pro when it is released.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I would just go ahead and buy A 950 Pro, the SM961 are for order over at Ram City with the 1TB, 512GB, and 256GB models. However there is no news of a 960 Pro out yet so you may be waiting for a while ( sometime next year).

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Really....

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

:)

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Give it to me :P

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube