add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

SSD Recommendation for HTPC Running OpenELEC

ckolz
  • 45 months ago

I currently have a 2TB HDD in my HTPC that runs Windows 10 and Kodi. The 2TB HDD is nearly full and will be offloading all of my media onto a NAS device (custom built) with 4TB HDD's. I plan to replace the 2TB HDD with an SSD and have been considering switching from Windows 10 to OpenELEC. I will access all of my media over my network, including access to Netflix through the NAS device.

Any input on OpenELEC vs. Windows 10 would be greatly appreciated as well.

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

What's your budget? Also what SSD capacity do you need? Keep in mind that if you want a 2 TB SSD that will generally be very expensive unless it's low quality.

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 45 months ago
  • 1 point

Good to know! I have a bunch laying around and one super low-profile one. I must have misread the requirements because I was thinking a USB flash drive would work at first, but somehow changed my mind about that...

It'll be very nice to try it out without having to spend any money. Plus, I can keep my Windows 10 HDD hooked up if I do need to boot and access streaming from the web, though I likely won't need to with my setup.

Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube