add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question about the Samsung 850 Evo. HELP MAKE ME LESS IGNORANT

kweakley
  • 43 months ago

I recently bought all the parts for my first build ( http://pcpartpicker.com/list/dJvN3C ) and the Samsung 850 came with a setup disk. I have a couple questions revolving around it. Why does it need a setup disk? Do I even need to set anything up to use it? Is it a problem that I only have 1 hard drive (right now)?

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey man, you shouldn't even need to use it. Just plug it into a SATA port on your motherboard (if possible use the SATA III, unless your board is all SATA III.) Go into your BIOS, and make sure to set the SATA mode to AHCI to get the best performance from the SSD.

Once you are inside of your OS, just download the Magician software from Samsung's site. Then you should be able to clone the OS, or do anything else you want to do.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube