add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Boot/Programs SSD & Mass Storage HDD vs. All-purpose SSD?

TheKDoge
  • 45 months ago

Which one should I go for?

To be used in a computer for:

• Gaming (Kerbal Space Program, Space Engineers)
  • Autodesk 3DS Max (3D modeling, CPU rendering)

May also be used to:

• Make KSP mods w/ Unity.
  • Game capture [unlikely]

Which should I go for? $150 budget for the storage.

Please don't just link parts without explanation as to how/why you chose them, as I'd like to learn from your experience.

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

All depends on how much storage you need. If you can live with the amount you can get for a $150 SSD then that is the way to go. That is going to be around 500GB max. If you need more you are going to have to go with an HDD and SDD combo.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube