add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Hard drive not showing up on new build

Dropndestroy213
  • 43 months ago

Hey guys so i built my first build still waiting for a GPU but i got it running today and i can see both drives but the 1tb wont show up to store files in. My ssd is the only one i can use. Any Help would be great

Heres my setup CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: EVGA BQ 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

As you can see it fine it means the device is fine. As its the first time your using it and getting going, it just needs to be formatted.

Go to Disk Management on your PC: http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/7-ways-to-open-disk-management-in-windows-10.html

Then all you need to do is right click on the blank hard drive, hit new simple volume. Assign it a letter and name and job done.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi Dropndestroy213,

First of all, congrats for your first build.

I have gone through the similar question on net and found a solution for you as below:

Method 1:

• Press the Windows Key and then click on the search bar. • Type “Troubleshooting” and click on it. • Click on ‘View All on the left panel of the screen’. • Click on the Hardware and Devices • Click on ‘Next’ and follow the instructions given.

• If you still not be able to resolve your issue, then follow the method mentioned below:

Method 2:

• Press ‘Window Key + R Key’. • Then type devmgmt.msc, and Enter. • Expand Disk Drive (if you can find the driver for an external hard drive). • Then, make a right click on the driver and check its properties. • Check the device status.

This solution has been given by Nyima Yonten at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-does-not-recognize-my-second-hard-drive/11f1cf28-0320-4a5e-aabb-e66e13a7526b?auth=1

You can follow this. If it doesn’t work for you, kindly acknowledge so that we’ll proceed further for solving your query.

Good Luck!!!

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

have you checked the sata power cables, those usually require some force

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube