add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can i begin my rig early?

Die2day
  • 42 months ago

Tomorrow nearly all of my parts will be coming in that I need!....except for the RAM. I wan't to know if it was OK to maybe to just start my build buy adding the cpu to the motherboard, getting the cooler set up and maybe mounting the storage units and power surly to the board.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/QkPPJV Part list if it matters.

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

yes you can construct it without the RAM but it won't boot without that ram.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

O: Perfect! I've seen how simple it is to instal the RAM, just didn't know if I'd be able to get my stuff in the case and powered without being able to return and snap in the ram. TY!

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Only thing is your CPU cooler might make it difficult to put in the RAM since it has a large heatsink and the fan might overlap a little. Never worked with that cooler but if the fan comes off easy then should be no problem. Although I recommend waiting for the ram so you can do a boot check outside of the case before fitting everything it. Less hassle if there are any faulty parts.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

i'd take marko's advice , i'm sure the excitement is real but you might as well wait a day rather than put everything in just for it to have some kind of error or to get the RAM blocked by the cooler

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Of course! It won't work, but you can build it. Infact, the RAM is the perfect part to not have because it's so easy to install.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube