add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best Fan Configuration?

TheGamingBible
  • 42 months ago

Hi all, I am wondering what you guys think the best fan configuration for the Phanteks ethnoo evolv itx is. Maybe link some fans.

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

So the Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV has already 2 fans included in the case: 1 x 200 mm intake (front) and 1 x 140 mm exhaust (rear).

For non-OC builds, this setup is perfectly fine.

If your components produce more heat, you might want to consider populating the top fans as well (2 x 140 mm) and configuring them as exhaust. Also, in extreme cases, you could replace the front 200 mm fan with 2 x 140 mm fan if they produce better airflow than the single 200 mm.

Also, you should consider how many fan connectors are available on the motherboard. You might need fan cable splitters or fan controller to support the maximum number of 5 fans available in the case.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the adding extra fans have diminishing returns. That is, if you have 2 exhausts fans (1 rear, 1 top), adding a 3rd one (on top) wouldn't decrease your CPU temperature much really.

I hope this helps a bit.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

The itx version has two included fans?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

My bad, I was looking at the micro-ATX, not the ITX.

So this is the ITX version. It has only 1 fan included: 200 mm fan in the front.

It has the same fan capabilities than the other one, except the read 140 mm fan slot is not populated when shipped. I would buy a 140 mm fan there for exhaust.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

As for what fans: Noctua and Corsiar Air Series are good. Go with 140 mm (instead of 120). The larger, the better. Also consider airflow (larger CFM).

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

two 140 mm front intakes and a 120 or 140 mm exhaust. phanteks 140 SP is a good choice.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Best setup for good airflow is Top and Back set to exhaust, Front and Bottom set to intake.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube