add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NVIDIA REF GTX 770 vs PNY GTX 960 vs GTX 1050Ti

mannysalinas42

39 months ago

I've been hunting for a GPU recently to finish off my build, I'm stuck between these 3. The NVIDIA GTX 770 is easily the cheapest at $115 and most asthetically pleasing since it has the Titan-Style cooler. The PNY 960 is only $120 (a refurbished card) and will probably offer a little better performance than the 770 but it's not too nice in terms of looks as it's a pretty plain basic cooler, and the GTX 1050Ti is obviously the newest and has better performance, but it comes in at $150-$159 for a overclocked card. In terms of value, looks, and performance per $ what would be the best option here? GPU will be paired with and AMD FX-6350 CPU.

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 2 points

The 770 is still a really good card, but it's a bit outdated. If your going to buy a new GPU, just get the newest one you can. The 1050 Ti actually has really good benchmarks for what its worth. Not to mention less power draw and more VRAM. If you can snag it for around the price you said, I'd pick up the 1050 Ti. If you can't get the 1050 Ti, the decision is up to you based on which games you play. I'd look up some benchmark comparisons between the two (770 vs 960)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I ended up going with a GTX 770 for $100, I know it's a little aged but for the price I can actually afford to get a better keyboard and mouse, thanks for helping me out here man

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

$100 for a 770 is a good deal

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Not a problem. And its still a great card! Just as strong, if not a stronger than the 960. I hope it does you well for years to come :)

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

If anyone can let me know what would be the best option, I'd like to know since the 1050Ti comes out today

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

If aesthetics aren't important I'd go with the 960 as its fairly "new" with decent performance (I have one and it works great for me, all games high to max).

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

770 beats the 960 but it is loud and HOT. The new 1050 ti is looking a little better performance than the 960. Wait a few days for the 1050 ti to settle down in price and stock.
You can also find a radeon 380 in the $120 range as well (used)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube