add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do intel CPUs come with thermal paste?

Electroman01
  • 42 months ago

Ok so i am about to buy my first New cpu and was wondering if it came with thermal paste?

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

If it comes with a stock cooler (not OEM's), then yes they do come pre-applied with the coolers.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for replying fast. Cool thanks

[comment deleted]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I i knew that. I got sick of: " Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor does not include a stock CPU cooler. Adding a CPU Cooler to your part list is recommended."

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

They don't have thermal "paste" such as Arctic Silver but the stock cooling fans have thermal material on them. I've always scraped it off and used Arctic Silver paste but as far as I know the stock thermal material will work OK.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

So buying thermal paste is recommended?

• 42 months ago
  • 2 points

This is only my personal opinion and you may want to do some research via Google. I've been building my own computers for many years now and have always used Arctic Silver paste. I've never had a heat related issue. If you are just building a machine for moderate stress use the stock heat sink and fan should work just fine and I have used stock coolers albeit with paste with no issues. However, if you're going to be overclocking or doing some heavy CPU stressing you will probably need an aftermarket cooler and paste. Keep in mind that heat is not good for components and keeping them as cool as possible will increase their lifespan. A Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO has kept my last 3 builds within acceptable heat limits. I think that how you intend to use your computer will dictate what kind of cooling you need to use.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

When I read your previous message I noticed that you used Artic Sliver so i added the stuff to my list

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Check the Arctic Silver web page for a good instruction on how to use the paste and good luck on your new build.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Also happy 14th day as a PCPP member

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube