add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Black Friday ITX - Advise Please!!!

Camranatic101
  • 42 months ago

Alright so recently I asked for advice on my lists, but I known there are a lot of veteran builders here, so I was wondering what you guys could come up with.

Budget: After Black Friday weekend deals, (min: 500 to max: 800 USD) preferably around 600 USD after deals but will stretch budget if necessary

OS: Full copy of Windows 10 Home [has to be included in budget :(]

Peripherals: Don't worry about it! Parts and OS only.

USE: Basically gaming, and creating a graphic novel [image processing and virtual drawing] , so some processing power required, but gaming criteria is like The Witcher 3 1080P, at 60+ FPS solid. I was looking at the Xtreme Gaming Version of the GTX 1060, but there's probably better options out there!

• Thanks in Advance, Arthur :)

OOPS! FORGOT! P.S. - If you are choosing an ITX board please make sure it has WIFI built in, or if choosing a Micro ATX or above that you choose a wifi adapter. Sorry to be picky!

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Added a P.S. for the people helping me sorry to be a bother.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't go for the xtreme 1060. No point unless you're doing VR. These cards just don't make sense with huge coolers when they're already cool and quiet and efficient. Save some money and get something like the g1 gaming 1060.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

So originally pre-Thanksgiving I was talking to a friend who built a PC last black Friday. He put in a GTX 970, a i5 4690k, 16gb of RAM, a 1TB HDD, and a 120gb ssd, for around 800-900$ (including O.S.), and I was like wow that's a steal! He also added a A.I.O. Cooler and a few other parts, so I was like I'm gonna make something like that. Original thoughts were 6600k, gtx 1070 g1 gaming or xtreme gaming or some asus or msi variant, and a few other parts. Then I realized I should only count on about 300$ discount so I built like a 1000$ P.C. with OS. And I wanted the best possible, so I put in the xtreme 1060, 16gb of ram and an i5 6600, on a h170 Gigabyte itx board with AC wifi, and i was like this is golden, but thanks for the advice!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube