add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First gaming pc build

Gino753

37 months ago

Hi guys in need to this forum ,and am getting ready to build my first gaming pc.i wanted something that can play any computer game out there,I look forward to getting into all the simulator games out there ,...submarine planes etc....is it possible to spend the money on the major parts like the processor and motherboard now..and get a graphics card that's good enough for now as cheap as possible to match Xbox 1 at least and it will be played on my 4k TV as the monitor as well as a 1080p TV

I don't know what parts I can mix together and I don't want to make a mistake...lo....I want the best strongest processor power right now for any game and mangeble graphics as I can upgrade that later basically I need s running gaming pc with a good future proof engine for now and the abilityvto allow upgrades later

If you buys can take me under your wing i would appreciate it...I have around $800 to get this going

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you need a keyboard, mouse, or OS? What country do you live in?

Obviously, you can't get the "strongest processor power right now" in an $800 build. Any graphics card put into an $800 build will outperform an XBOne by far.

This is a good $800 build for gaming at the moment. You have room to upgrade storage, RAM, your graphics card, etc.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $189.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock H170A-X1 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $76.98 @ Newegg
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $44.19 @ Amazon
Storage PNY CS1311 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $64.99 @ Jet
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.78 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card $249.99 @ Jet
Case NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case $66.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $64.97 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $807.77
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-05 02:57 EST-0500
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you sooo much Could this be built with an i5 6600k or i7 6700k in place of the CPU mentioned by you in the build

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, you can put an i7-6700K in here. However, you'd want to switch the motherboard out for one with a Z170 chipset to take advantage of overclocking.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes,I figured that was why you recommended the lower end i5? Because that model is locked correct??

What I want to do is buy the best motherboard I can maby one for around $150??? So that I have a good base that I can install the processor I can afford right now and have he ability to install a better processor later if I want is that possible? Is that how it works?

If I spend more money on a motherboard ,than I'll get a higher end unit that has more features like overclocking in case I put a stronger CPU in?

And does any mother board that fits an item i5 will fit a i7 also?

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

You want to get a CPU that's around the level of your GPU, don't go hard on one area and neglect the others, otherwise you'll bottleneck your system.

This is my PC right here, minus the SSD. I can 1080 60fps all the games I have. I don't have a 4k monitor/tv so I can't tell you that but I'm sure it would be just fine med-high settings.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $189.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H170-GAMING 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $104.99 @ Newegg
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $52.30 @ Amazon
Storage *Toshiba 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $67.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB 6GT OC Video Card $258.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case *Deepcool DUKASE V2 ATX Mid Tower Case $52.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $49.99 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $777.02
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-05 02:59 EST-0500
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I was wondering if it would be smart to put the most money at first in the motherboard ...is there any way to future proof my build,by buying a good motherboard,and starting with a lower end Intel processor and having the ability to simply upgrade the processor later ??? And does a motherboard that accepts an Intel i5 also accept an i7?

I was looking at this motherboard. It's an Asus ROG Maximus VIII if I buy that motherboard will I have a good base for a long time or is it better to get a cheaper motherboard as they become outdated????

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube