37 months ago
Wanted your opinion on the following build. Here's a description of it.
So, I am slowly making myself a build, in 90% for processing photos in Lightroom and Photoshop.
- First I want a small case, so MicroATX will be just what I want;
- Core i7 6700k for a bit better computational power, that 6700. The price difference is small, I am not willing to make any overclock in future, so the only reason for 6700k is performance-by-default;
- for quiet build, big Noctua NH-D9L 46.4 CFM CPU Cooler fan is exactly what I am looking for;
- ASRock H170M Pro4 - seems to be pretty OK motherboard, I like that it has 4 RAM slots, in case I will want to put extra 16Gb RAM later, why not?;
- Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory.. I think I do not need more atm, since photo processing is more dependent on CPU;
- small ADATA Premier Pro SP600 128GB SSD for Windows/Photoshop/Lightroom fast boot and Seagate Barracuda 1TB for storage. Will be enough since I do copy old photos to external drives regularly;
- Biggest question in this build is Sapphire Radeon RX 480 4GB. Well, I wanted to have somewhat good card since I do not play games occasionally, and if I do, I play Minecraft, or Terraria, or Diablo 3. I do not play some latest games on extreme details, or any VR games, but RX480 sounds like a good investment for long term;
- And finally semi-modular Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - ideal variant, I think;
- All that should fit without any problem into Corsair Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower case and leave some room for good air circulation.
So, what do you think? My opinion is that it is a pretty solid build for around $1000 that will be usable for several years.