add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
BattlewornGold

35 months ago

I've never built my own PC before and I want to get into PC Gaming but I have some requirements:

Budget: $500 (not including purchased items)
CPU: An Intel, I don't care what it is as long as its not an AMD
Memory: 8GB
GPU: An AMD Radeon RX 470 or better (has to be an AMD, unlike the CPU)
UPS:I don't know, but I really need one, I live in Nebraska and spring and summer is 6 months of stormy hell and blazing heat, so lots of outages and randomly exploding power grids, seriously.

I've already purchased:
Storage: Seagate Ba​rracuda 72​00.10 750G​B HDD and a Seagate Mo​mentus 500​GB 2.5" HD​D 7200RPM
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT WH ATX Mid Tower Case
Monitor: HP 22cwa 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard
Controller: PowerA 142​9770-01 Wi​red PS3 co​ntroller
Speakers: Logitech Z130 5W 2ch Speakers

Edit: What I have already purchased does not subtract from the budget.

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

With that budget, it might not be possible to fit all your requirements. An Intel CPU that would fit in that budget including the graphics card and UPS would probably have to be a dual core. At that budget, you're honestly better off with AMD. Don't think I don't like Intel; I've done several builds with them in the past. However, as I see it with this budget you have a few options: Switch to an AMD CPU. Use an older or cheaper graphics card. Ditch the UPS. Find a way to increase your budget.

• 35 months ago
  • 3 points

Can it?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-7100 3.9GHz Dual-Core Processor $118.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock B250M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $71.98 @ Newegg
Memory *Team Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $48.98 @ Newegg
Video Card *Sapphire Radeon RX 470 4GB Video Card $164.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply $35.49 @ OutletPC
Mouse Logitech G300 Wired Optical Mouse $17.98 @ Newegg Marketplace
UPS CyberPower EC350G UPS $37.95 @ Directron
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $506.26
Mail-in rebates -$10.00
Total $496.26
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-01 20:16 EST-0500

I mean, its a tight fit, but it is under $500, you even get a 500W Power Supply and a nice mouse!

• 35 months ago
  • 3 points

Nice build for required with budget!

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

Definitely! This is a great list! Thanks! I will wait a few more days before deciding on a final list, just in case there is something better. I can't believe you fit a Kaby Lake CPU and a compatible motherboard and still have enough for a freaking 500W and a Logitech Gaming mouse, though the color on the bottom side could be better.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Absolutely! No problem at all.

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]
  • 35 months ago
  • 2 points

Good luck if the power goes out. You have to check the UPS's wattage, which in this case is 255W. So yeah.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Small world I live in Lincoln

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, really? I live in Omaha.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup haha just moved to Lincoln a few weeks back sadly I agree that in that budget I'm not sure on the UPS fitting in with the rest of the requirements

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Where from?

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Charlotte North Carolina, annoying 20 something hour drive with a uhaul it stunk

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a hefty drive, I remember riding with my father (I was barely 16 at the time) in a U-Haul from Omaha to San Francisco for my grandmother's move, it was pretty bad as well, in fact, it took 3 days because we blew the left rear tire and ran into a heavy storm in Colorado that we had to park it for.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have an OS I assume no but I want to check

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

No, but to an extent, you can get Windows 10 for free

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

It just disables the ability to personalize your PC, however you can still apply a wallpaper using the "set as background" feature in the Pictures app, or by simply right-clicking an image and clicking "set as wallpaper" in the menu

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't know about the wallpaper workaround. Thanks!

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 35 months ago
  • 1 point

What I have already purchased does not subtract from the budget.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube