add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Searching by merchants is completely broken.

BlueSonata
  • 39 months ago

So I searched Memory Express in memory and I can't tell if I am including/excluding Memory Express.
Some have Memory Express and others don't.
Some have NCIX and others don't.
etc.

Ok. I just checked searching with all the other parts and this is confirmed to be broken as of February 27, 2017.

If there's a moderator/admin with some time please send me a message as there are a list of things that I would mention. I want to point out several things that I have found without having to make several different threads wasting everyone's precious time.

I'm not trying to be a douche and I hope I don't sound that way.
I really like using this website but it's hard to appreciate it when there are things that make it difficult to use.
It's like buying a toaster which can make your bread toasted the exact way that you want it to be toasted but it makes the most obnoxious beeps when it's ready :(

Comments

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Filtering by merchants works fine for me. What exactly do you mean by

Some have Memory Express and others don't.

because not all retailers sell everything on PCPartPicker.

The search bar in CPU, cooler, motherboard, etc. windows are for searching by product name, not by merchant.

Tell me if I'm misunderstanding your post, but these are the best answers I can give.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you expand what "broken" means? When you filter by retailers it means you will only see products that currently have a price for one or more of the selected retailers.

Default selection is all retailers but you can trim or add as needed.

• 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Here are 3 pictures of some of the parts that are being searched with the specific merchant selected and the parts that are highlighted are not sold by them. http://imgur.com/a/Swxtt

Also to note: the prices of the parts aren't being loaded sometimes as well

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

Exactly! So why are they listed when NCIX is selected?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 39 months ago
  • 1 point

I could have done that already. I'm just irked that they show up regardless of whether the merchants sell the parts or not.

Originally I wanted to sort by merchants so that I could either:
1) Just buy all the parts from 1 company.
2) Price-match the parts and buy them at my local store so I don't have to wait for delivery.

If I wanted a specific part I could just search for it or add it manually, however; I'm more than often searching through the listed parts so that I can easily compare the best parts and waste less time.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube