add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best Gaming Headset under $200

StavrosWTF

29 months ago

I want your help. Please give me a recommendation for what the title says. I need it to have a mic.

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 2 points

None assuming space or portability isn't needed.. Buy headphones plus a mic. You get great audio for both.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Headphones Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones $96.76 @ Amazon
Other Blue Microphones Snowball Black iCE Condenser Microphone $49.00 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $145.76
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-02 23:19 EDT-0400
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I know this is old but with what you recommended specifically the OP would be better off with Sennheiser Game Ones as they use the same drivers as the 558's and have an attached mic that I have been told sounds "crispy" and people don't believe its on a headset.

I know they sit around $170 usually but I got mine on sale off Amazon for $120 and see them drop occasionally

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

What about if you got a Modmic and a set of headphones? That way you have your gaming headset for when you need it, and a good pair of headphones you can use elsewhere. From what I can tell the Modmic gives better audio quality than just about all but the highest end headset mics.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

So what headset do you really suggest me? (Assuming I give $50-60 for the modmic, the budget for it would be around $150)

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Hopefully someone else can weigh in with some good suggestions, the only two headphones I've listened to recently are the Audio-Technica ATH-M40x ($100) and M50x ($150), I got the M40x because they both sounded similar enough to me I couldn't justify the extra $50 for the M50x. Anyway, they've worked very well for me, both for listening to music and gaming, I like that they're tuned flat and don't have obnoxious bass boost. I am definitely not an audiophile, so I don't know how much my opinion is worth.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I was going for ATH-M40x but the pad didn't really satisfy me (just by looking at pics). While I was waiting for your reply, I found the perfect pair of $40 pads so it will be perfect now. Thanks.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Good deal. Just curious, what pads did you end up getting? I'm still using the stock ones, but have been considering the memory foam ones by Brainwavs.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol these are the ones. Did you read the Zeos subreddit?

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're going the headphone + modmic route id recommend going with a pair of open back headphones since they give the best soundstage which is great for gaming.

My recommendations:

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I do not have a gaming headset, however, my friend has a pair of Hyper X Clouds from Kingston, the original ones, I tried them out and they were great, they are extremely comfortable, hence the name cloud. The mic probably isn't great (he uses a blue yeti) but the headphones sound great, I advise watching a the Linus Tech Tips Review of the Cloud IIs which are still under 200$. Or even the cloud revolver which is the even more updated version. Hell, there's even a revolver S if you're feeling really baller. I'm more into studio gear so my opinion would be something like an ATH-M50x which are really nice for listening to music, making music, gaming, anything, very widely used and are 150$ so if you wanted a mic you could get one, rn I use a Logitech C920 as a mic, the quality is meh but still not bad imo.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube