add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Nobody answered really... Reposting here.

Coolpick

29 months ago

Here's my PC so far. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Coolpick/saved/ZfQ999 Do I need the last corsair fan I put in there? Do I need another one? Don't really know how many fans I would need or if I'm fine with cooling with what I already have. No one answered this on the other section I put it on, so I'm putting it here.

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I would recommend seeing this video for the case fna issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll1GMzz3JLo

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Coolpick/saved/Rz8wP6 Here's pretty much almost finished.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Decent build and I also like that you are going for the new G3 PSU's from EVGA i'm hoping to get one i heard some good things about it.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep. I actually didn't have this before, but someone recommended that I upgrade what I had before to the G3.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

And for the 1080 Tis, here is one that isn't sold out.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Um... this one is out of stock too. Also I used your advice before you said it and couldn't find anything (on newegg atleast, though I did search google and I didn't find too much in stock.)

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh. Shoot. Sorry :|

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like either they're sold out, out of stock, or not released yet.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I would suggest you preorder a 1080 Ti (ones that release on 4/24) so it isn't sold out and you'll get one.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm referring to the ones on Newegg :P Over 900 or over 9000?

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't worry to much about fans. Most good cases will have enough fans built in, and so long as you clean your PC out every few months you will be fine. Most people with a lot of fans in their PC's, just put them in because of the RGB lighting they have on them. Some people claim you should have a positive air flow setup, which just means you you want to count the fans you have taking air out, and count the fans you have bringing new air in, and have 1 more fan bringing air in than you have out. Again, doesn't ******* matter so long as you clean the pc every few months. The main concern is dust build-up which will add heat to your parts, clean the dust regularly, no heat build up, no problems.

Also, don't buy a founders edition 1080 ti card. You can get slightly better performance with 3rd party vendors for a pretty similar price if not slightly more expensive. But if you are spending 700$ on a GFX card, why not spend an extra 30 to beef it up a little more?

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, gotcha for the fan thing. Though I was planning on putting in a regular non LED corsair 140mm one. I'll clean it regularly, and for the founders edition thing, someone already has explained this to me and I'm getting a different 3rd party vendor one.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah that's totally fine about adding another fan to pull air into the system. Just read the stuff in this link, it contains everything you need to know about avoiding dust buildup...highly recommended.

http://www.wikihow.com/Keep-Dust-Out-of-The-Computer

[comment deleted]
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point

So... what do you mean? Do I need the fan, or should I get 2 or something? Are you just pointing out a better fan or something lel

[comment deleted]
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok. So I got this: Add another 140mm fan Better SSD (SU800) I'm not really planning on overclocking, but if I do what cooler would you recommend? And should I use a different brand for the 1080 Ti? "Change the gtx 1080 Ti with an third party setup." What does that mean?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Custom made? I'm sort of new to the whole computer building but I have learned a lot. I really don't know if I want to overclock or not but I might try it. What do you mean for custom cards? Like, not from a company?

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

$10 more for almost the same case.... like PC case I'm assuming. What do you mean xD What case is almost the same as the one I'm using?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube