add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Kraken x52-01 vs x52-02..? What?

Coolpick

28 months ago

What does this mean? Look, on Newegg the Kraken x52-01 is over $200, probably because it's out of stock most places, but the Kraken x52-02 is in stock at $150...

So will the 02 work the same as the 01 or are they completely different or something?

x52-01 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAD7H5CT8551&cm_re=kraken-_-9SIAD7H5CT8551-_-Product

x52-02 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835146060&cm_re=kraken-_-35-146-060-_-Product

Also I noticed a small P next to the x52-02's name when I searched it up.

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I just looked at the two, i dont think theres any difference except that 01 one is coming from the UK from a third party seller and the 02 is sold by Newegg.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, thanks! I'll get the 02.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a brand new x52 that I purchased and changed my mind on using. Still in the box and everything, I just changed my mind on the cpu cooler I wanted to use and not wait on an AM4 bracket. I'd like to sell it if you're interested

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

No thanks sorry.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

mannn why not T_T

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

how much do you want to sell it for?

• 28 months ago
  • 0 points

I'd be cool with like 115$. Lot lower than retail and it's brand new

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

are you in socal?

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I did some research for you and i found this, just in case you were still interested.

You may have noticed that there is no current support listed for AMD's new Ryzen AM4 socket. Today we reviewed the Kraken X62 model number RL-KRX62-01; this kit does not have AM4 support. NZXT has released it updated Kraken X62 model number RL-KRX62-02; this kit does have AM4 socket support. If you currently own, or purchase an NZXT Kraken series cooler that does not have AM4 socket support, NZXT has you covered with a free AM4 mounting braket, and you can find all the instructions on this page for obtaining the AM4 bracket. Certainly NZXT gets kudos for this type of excellent customer support, and this might very well be considered in your decision to purchase from NZXT or not.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I've already ordered a x52-02 with a $5 am4 bracket from Ebay... so you're saying the 02 doesn't need the bracket?

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Apparently the X52-02 comes with the bracket, because when you go on the newegg site it says that its compatible with
Intel Socket 1151, 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-3

AMD Socket FM2+, FM2, FM1, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2, AM4

The X52-01 doesnt come with that bracket and NZXT can give you a bracket for free. This is what i read online and through reviews.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I've heard lots of complaining about NZXT not giving them their bracket when submitting a ticket, so I decided to just order one from Ebay. I'm not sure if the 02 will be compatible though, because here on pcpartpicker, tons of cpu coolers say compatible with AM4 but when you add them to your list they say something like "The cooler ma y need a seperate bracket to fit the motherboard"

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah currently experiencing the suck that is nzxt ticket support. Giving them the benefit of the doubt and they probably have a high influx of tickets requesting the am4 bracket

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube