add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
jasonofspoons

27 months ago

Goal: $250 pc with an Xbox one controller adapter that beats the Xbox one s in performance.
OR
A $300 pc that has everything that the above goal specifies, but with a copy of Minecraft and a star wars game (preferably battlefront).

NOTE: steam os is IS acceptable, if you can find a way to put Minecraft on it.

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

You won't be able to make a PC for that price that can beat the Xbox One X. Consoles face superior optimization for their games than PC games (oddly enough) and their graphics are severely toned down. Xbox One X is said to play 4k 30FPS, so it's doubtful a 250$ PC can achieve that. AMD has confirmed that it's a Polaris GPU, so that's likely an RX 480/580 equivalent.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $158.79 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI - B350M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $78.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $54.87 @ Amazon
Storage PNY - CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $52.99 @ Best Buy
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card $226.99 @ Newegg
Case Rosewill - FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $24.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $29.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit $104.88 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $782.49
Mail-in rebates -$50.00
Total $732.49
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-13 14:18 EDT-0400

I wager that this is the minimum for beating the Xbox One S. Now, this is only if you're competing for a 4K experience, which requires a 4K monitor. If you're going for 1080p, then you can simply get a 1050 ti and a G4560. It wouldn't be better, spec wise, to the Xbox One S, it it'd perform good.

The Xbox One S thing is speculation until we see some raw gameplay performance. So I am going off of the spec sheet.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

The Xbox One S thing is speculation until we see some raw gameplay performance. So I am going off of the spec sheet

I think you are talking about the Xbox one X, not the Xbox one S.

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, that. Whatever, the system isn't something I care for. I am content with my X1. PC is where I put most of my gaming time.

• 27 months ago
  • 2 points

???

• 27 months ago
  • 0 points

SteamOS is nice for the boost in performance and such, but it doesn't have many games compared to windows. I suggest getting an unactivated copy of windows 10 onto a USB and dealing with the vague "Activate Windows now" watermark, it's not visible really.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

This is not about the os, it's posted in the Create A Part List For Me section.

[comment deleted]
  • 27 months ago
  • 2 points

Who the **** keeps downvoting everyone

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube