add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Competitive TF2

Unhandybirch656

27 months ago

I know some players enjoy tf2 casually, but does anyone have experience in competitive? Not the **** comp (valve) but stuff like UGC and ETF2L. How do I join a team? What's better as a demo main, 6s or HL?

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I have personal experience in both Highlander and 6s. Usually you have to get together a group of friends who are willing to practice and have plenty of free time for matches. Highlander is more difficult to organize because you need 9 people, with each being good at one specific class.

As a demo, you're free to do either because both 6s and Highlander require 1 demo. Typically a 6's team will have 2 soldiers, 2 scouts, a demo, and a medic. As a demo-main, you're safe in 6s because you will never be asked to switch to a different class, as every team requires a medic and a demo at all times, while the soldier's and scouts may switch to other classes mid-game as needed.

I personally would recommend 6s because it is easier to get a small group, and if you don't have 6 people, I'd be happy to join as a utility (scout) or a pocket (soldier).

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I've also heard that it's much better to play 6s because each class role is more important.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

If you anything about the playstyles, what do the demomen do when they arrive first on a 5cp? Do they try to fend off the other demo and wait for their team or fend off the enemy scouts while their team arrives?

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I never personally played demo, so I can't give you any in-depth tips. However, from my experience the demo is usually first to arrive due to his roll-out advantage (sticky jumping) so your goal is to begin spamming the choke for the other demo if he hasn't arrived, or killing him and begin to set up. As a demo you will set up sticky traps for the flank (scouts and roamer) in various strategic positions depending on the map, while spamming pipes at the choke to keep the combo at bay.

So to answer your question, both. You should prioritize whichever seems to be a more imminent threat at the time, but make sure you do both as that's what makes the demo so indispensable. Though, again keep in mind that I'm not a demo main and I haven't played competitive since before the official comp beta, so my info may be somewhat unspecific or outdated.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube