add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$200-$300 card?

Jortalex

29 months ago

What would be the best bang for its buck in that price range, assuming 1060ti but would like other opinions, here's my build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nj7V8K

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

There is no GTX 1060 Ti. If you are super lucky a GTX 1060 otherwise you are going to need to do a massive bump down to a GTX 1050 Ti or do a massive bump up to a GTX 1080. There is currently just about nothing in between due to mining.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I found a 1060 the other day for a good price then disappeared, so the only options are a 130 dollar card or a 450+ one? Also if I'm gonna shell out well over $500 dollars for a card, should I drop my i7 6700k and upgrade the CPU too

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I found a 1060 the other day for a good price then disappeared, so the only options are a 130 dollar card or a 450+ one?

Basically unless you can find a GTX 1060 in stock for under $300.

Also if I'm gonna shell out well over $500 dollars for a card, should I drop my i7 6700k and upgrade the CPU too

What will you be doing? If its just gaming no since even Skylake X would be a super minor FPS upgrade at best and at worse the same.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Gaming for the most part, software engineering to but that shouldn't be near as taxing as gaming Thanks

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point
  1. Those are sketchy sellers that are like eBay
  2. Under $300 was an outrageous price just 6 weeks ago, when the rx480 and the gtx1060 went for under $200
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Neither of those cards are under $300 and one is well over $400. My point still stands.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

That's why I said unless you get lucky, the stock and prices usually always change for the worse and it happens fast.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Basically you have two options 1: Buy a card now thats way overpriced or 2: Wait untill the crypto mining craze stop and buy a card then after the market for gpu's crash The second choice is probably better if your willing to wait because you'll save money which you can further invest in other places in your pc

As for whats the best card in your price range a gtx 1060 or a rx 580 should be fine as of right now

Hopefully this helped out a bit :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube