add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New system for living room TV help

FivePercent

29 months ago

Hey folks, I’m looking to build a new pc. I’ll be using my Samsung ks8000 as my “monitor” which is a 4K set. Right now I own a PS4 Pro and a Xbox One S and I’m getting a little bored of 30fps. My goal is to have a pc that can play every current and future title out there with at least 60fps. First a little bit about my usages for this system. I don’t do graphic, video or any kind of rendering. This is strictly for games, movies and music entertainment. As of right now I have a cpu in mind; intel i7 7700k. The GPU I think 1080 I should be okay? As for motherboard not sure, so many choices, but I want something reliable and I don’t plan on overclocking. I want,to try and keep things silent as possible, maybe a case with sound dampening? SATA SSD or M.2? Overall maybe someone can piece something together for me. Thanks guys!

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 2 points

Gaming builds for living room/TV as the title suggest I'm not an expert at it, at all. I did look at some gaming rigs that are strictly for the living room/TV.

So what I can tell you is that the i7 is good enough, but you can consider the new upcoming CoffeeLake lineup, which will have more cores and threads, thus much better than the current i7, but you will need a new Motherboard and that'll be the Z370. I think 1080Ti would be better for 4K. Depending on how much storage do you want for the SSD.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply. Coffee lake sounds interesting but don’t know if it’s worth waiting for. And the 1080i is where I want to be with for 4K then. You think 850 watt psu will be enough? Also I narrowed my motherboard choices down to Asus or MSI.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure. Maybe 750W?

[comment deleted]
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Not really, I just want to built it right, it’s goin on credit anyways but I don’t want to build something that’s crazy expensive either.

So the Ryzen 7 is better for 4K then?

[comment deleted]
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah intel has always abused its power as the monopoly cpu manufacturer. With that being said would it be good to go with Ryzen then? I’ve been out of the loop for quite a while and have a hectic work schedule so I barely have time to research much. Would greatly appreciate if you could piece cpu board memory together for me

[comment deleted]
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point

You rock! Thanks! Yeah I'm not too worried about the new Coffee Lake, I'm not going to be doing much with the extra cores to warrant the upgrade. 99% of the time I'll be gaming/surfing the web.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube