add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$560 gaming build, opinions wanted

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 2 points
  1. You don't need a CPU cooler with that chip so I would get rid of it and use that money yo get higher clocked ram.

2. Also, I would grab an SSD over an m.2 slot as it will provide more storage capacity and you will not notice a considerable increase in speed with the m.2 over SSD.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you for the feedback, about the cpu cooler, i just can't live without adding a aftermarket cooler to my list, adding that the m9i has a great price/performance ratio, i though i added 2400 mhz of ram, guess heat got into my head, about the ssd over an m.2 slot, i was focusing on making a complete system without missing anything, i only added the ssd with the purpose of improving boot times.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Makes sense

[comment deleted]
  • 28 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Pentium G4600 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor $86.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI - B250M PRO-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $51.98 @ Newegg
Memory Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $64.99 @ Amazon
Storage SK hynix - SL308 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $52.88 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $45.69 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB GAMING Video Card $199.99 @ Amazon
Case Deepcool - TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case $38.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $36.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $608.39
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $578.39
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-20 11:10 EDT-0400
[comment deleted]
  • 28 months ago
  • 1 point

No mine is still better sorry. and it has a PSU :-)

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

*******, heat is really getting onto my head i though i added the psu......

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

but thank you for telling me that before it was too late to delete the topic

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Much better.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

instead of going straight to post a list, tell me the issues, thank you <3.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, the reason I did this.

CPU - The Ryzen 1200 is a great 4 core, 4 thread processor from AMD's new Zen line up. This is a good CPU and if you overclock it slightly you will see a major boost over performance than the Pentium. This is also good at multi-tasking due to the more cores. Here, just compare; 1200 - 384KB l-1 cache, 2MB l-2 cache, 8MB l-3 cache. Overclockable, slightly lower base clock than the 4600 pentium. 4600 - Cache 3MB L-1,L2,L3 unkown. 2 Cores, 4 threads.

B350M Board allows the ryzen to be overclocked to reach its maximum potential.

1X8 GB Stick of 2666Mhz RAM, faster than the 2133 the pentium supports but only one stick as the motherboard I chose only has 2 slots.

SSD and HDD. I chose the 120gb SSD from hynix because it's fairly good and has enough storage for your OS and main applications. And, the hard drive is the good odl WD Blue 1TB.

GPU - 1050Ti, a good 1080p medium - high graphics card.

Deepcool TESSERACT comes with 2 pre installed fans and has a lot of reviews online if you needed help at all, it also looks fairly nice and it has enough room inside.

EVGA - BQ 600W is 80+ bronze but it's slightly over kill watts wise, I might actually change that but the price is too good to miss.

Anyways, I just believe the new Ryzen prossecors and combinations are a lot better than the configuration you originally had. It wasn't bad, but for the price you can get more performance heh.

• 28 months ago
  • 2 points

The Ryzen 3 processor isn't better than the Pentium. It's directly on par. When overclocked, it's still as good as it, and a little better in other scenarios.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the support LostElement.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Well you are right, but r3 1200 is not better than this cpu unless overclocked, there's also the fact, which hurts alot that this cpu only supports 2400 mhz, we have the same opinion about the 1050 ti, about the psu, i don't really trust evga, but can't say you don't save alot by it, i don't like that case tbh.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

well, gotta try to improve this build later.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

When OC on the Stock cooler the R3 1200 can really perform, would recommend checking out Ponchato and Hardware Unboxed performance review of it.

[comment deleted]
  • 28 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor $108.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler CRYORIG - M9a 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler $19.99 @ Newegg Marketplace
Motherboard Asus - PRIME B350M-A/CSM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.99 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $85.99 @ Newegg
Storage Team - L5 LITE 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $50.98 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $45.69 @ OutletPC
Video Card Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Mini Video Card $112.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Zalman - Z11 NEO ATX Mid Tower Case $25.49 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $36.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $597.10
Mail-in rebates -$40.00
Total $557.10
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-20 13:31 EDT-0400
  • I chose the Ryzen 3 processor because it's on par with the Pentium G4600 in gaming, but can multi-task better.
  • Kept the cooler. If you intend to overclock, then it'll handle it.
  • Decent B350 board
  • 3000Mhz RAM by G.Skill.
  • Better SSD
  • GTX 1050 because it's a better value card
  • Slapped in a random cheap case
  • Better PSU.
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube