add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best Headphone?

BlueSonata
  • 32 months ago

What headphones have you used and what features did you like most about it?

I've used my HyperX Cloud II headset for the last 2 years but it's stared to **** with my drivers and the mic's non-functional now so I'm in the market again for a good headset that'll last me longer than 2 years and I'm just trying to see what people have used and preferred so far.

My budget is around 200-300$ For a headset I just need something that produces the best sound quality as I already have condenser mic with an audio mixer.
But mostly I made this topic just to see what people have used so far.

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

What is your price point? Do you need a headset or can you do headphones with Mod Mic/Boom Pro? Open back or closed?

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Right now I use ATH Msr7's not amazing for video games or movies but as far as music they are great and for a closed headphone they have good soundstage and imaging. For open I used DT 990's or AKG 702 Annies. Both are good all arounders with the 990's being the more "fun" of the two and the AKG's being competitave monsters. But I dont have the luxury of using open phones often.

If you need virtual surround your best bet in my opinion would be to get a cheap used sound card with DSP capability such as the Asus Xonar DX. But one thing to note if you go this route be sure to check the output impedance of said card. For example the DX with my MSR7's dont play well since the DX does not play well with low impedance headphones. So I have to amp them.

If you want an easy plug and play option of the few I have tried the Sennheiser PC360 would be a solid recomend.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

HD 600's with a Schiit Magni 3/ Modi 2 cannot be beat for the price.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube