add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming PC For £970 / $1288

PeriodicFlow
  • 29 months ago

Hi, I have decided that I am going to be building a pc in April. I have come up with this so far. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/DcT4cc Tell me what you think, or feel free to change some things in your reply. Thanks for the help :D

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Nothing majorly wrong with this build. You could get 8GB of RAM and upgrade at a later date. 8GB would still probably be enough to play most games (presuming this is your main reason for building the PC).

To be honest though, your list is going to definitely change come April '18. CoffeeLake CPU's from Intel are just around the corner and who knows if there will be any future releases before April next year!

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I was originally thinking that. Thanks :D

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Hello, here you go!

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/t8NL3F

1. Sandisk SSD's are actually quite slow compared to other SSD's, I know you put a 240gb one on before but I've changed it to a hynix 120GB as hynix are one of the best trusted SSD makers out there, google them! A 250GB can be purchased for another £20!

2. 1600X is no different to the 1600 and to save a bit of money I chose the 1600. The X only comes with better base clock speeds and it's not worth spending that extra for it as Ryzen is built for overclocking. I left you with the aftermarket cooler though so you can overclock better, but you can remove it if you want to save that £20 to let you get the 250GB SSD.

3. I changed your Micro-ATX board to ATX. The ATX form factor will give you a better upgradability path and will look better in the case, the gaming 3 board is also quite a nice one with built in RGB to the board and RGB PIN Headers for any accessories.

C:

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

1600X is no different to the 1600

To be fair, while the 1600 is pretty damn close to the 1600X, there is a difference. The 1600X has better binning, meaning it will likely overclock higher or require less voltage to reach overclocks equivalent to the 1600. For someone wanting top end OCs they are better served stacking the odds in their favor by getting the X version. Even though the better value is definitely with the non "X" (excluding 1500X) series.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you :D But im going to wait untill it is actually april as the prices will most likely to have dropped by then!

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

It's too soon to recommend anything as far away as April. Prices are likely to fluctuate due to the introduction of new product lines such as the Intel Coffee Lake series. This could bring prices down all over the market, and it's hard to say where the price/performance value will be then.

I mean, I could make a build list containing the parts that would be the wisest (budget wise) to add at this current time, but that would do very little for you in 6 months.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thank you very much!

[comment deleted]
  • 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah thats what I was thinking, thanks :D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube