• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Aarxn95 17 months ago

I was just curious about pricing in the US compared to UK and found that I can save ridiculous amounts of money if I buy from Newegg even with the shipping costs, just looking for experiences people have had with them especially if you have ordered from the UK and if there’s any little small print I should know about?

Thanks for your time.

Comments Sorted by:

Radox-0 5 Builds 3 points 17 months ago

No its not cheaper. What your missing is the final taxes and charges are only added at the very final checkout once you make an account. Before then adding to basket, selecting UK, shipping etc may appear cheaper but its not. Price wise it ends up similar or slightly more then UK Retailer's, not to mention that you need to wait longer for item to arrive and in event of any issue's or do not want item RMA it all the way back to US.

Aarxn95 submitter 1 Build 1 point 17 months ago

Yeahhhh ty for your reply I did find this out myself once I went to checkout then realised they don’t show duty price until then.... ah well it was worth a shot lol

Radox-0 5 Builds 1 point 17 months ago

No probs, I thought the same lol, thought I was getting massive bargains when pound was good way back. Not the case when I got to final screen :/

Aarxn95 submitter 1 Build 1 point 17 months ago

Yep exactly that! Would be sooo good if there wasn’t a duty price haha ah well guess I’ll have to shell out the extra £...

Nice builds btw :P

manirelli staff 8 Builds 1 point 17 months ago

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "General > General Discussion".