add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for someone's help to double-check my AMD build configuration

mhweb

26 months ago

After a long time of research, and missing a lot of black friday and cyber monday deals, I finally decided to go with an AMD system.

I'll buying all the components soon, and I would like to know if anyone sees any problems or anything I missed with this build. Also, it's hard, at least for me, to pick brands or the most optimal components, so I would like to know if I'm paying too much for an specific component or if for a little more money I can get something significantly better.

The components that are really a concern to me is the motherboard, memory, and graphics card compatibility .

This computer will be used for work, including running multiple vmware virtual machines, video editing (e.g., screencasts) and not really professional photo editing, a lot of coding, and many windows open.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

PC part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mfzCf8

PS: I'll be connecting 3 4K 27-inch monitors.

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Damn, that is beastly :)

you may want more storage? idk the size of all your programs but 500gb may be enough for now.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I don't use a lot of local storage. For VMs I'll be using a 500GB SSD, which I currently use on my old device, and for large files I store the files on a SAN. Though, the plan is in the future get a m.2 storage and 32GB more of RAM.

[comment deleted]
  • 26 months ago
  • 1 point

OPP protection is new to me, what do I need to look for? Can you give me an example? Thanks,

[comment deleted]
  • 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Super thanks. Just out of curiosity, when an opportunity number is too high?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube