• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Hitman95 14 months ago

Case: masterbox lite 5 atx mid tower Mobo: ASRock Z270 Extreme 4 Gpu: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING, ACX 2.0 Psu: CORSAIR CX series CX650 650w ATX12V 80plus bronze. Cpu: Intel core i5-7600, kaby lake quad core, 3.5ghz Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16gb Ssd: crucial mx300 2.5" 525gb sata III Hdd: WD Blue 1tb Cpu cooler: cooler master hyper 212 evo

This is currently what im going to buy for my first build, wanted some opinions on my build from pc enthusiast. I wonder if it's a good build.

Comments Sorted by:

Nullarc77 3 Builds 1 point 14 months ago

No reason to go for a z series motherboard with a locked cpu. Also with a ryzen system you can save some money and get pretty much the same performance.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hx372R

Just an example for the cpu and motherboard mainly and you give an estimate on the price. No need for an aftermarket cooler unless you plan on doing some major overclocking.

Hitman95 submitter 1 point 14 months ago

You're suggesting that build on that list instead, cause I dont mind going for that one

Looking at the part list I realized I forgot to add the 1th hdd.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XMQpd6

The difference in gaming performance won't be that much at all between this and a locked kaby lake chip. Motherboards are the most common DOA component. This one listed has good reviews on PCPP and newegg. Faster ram is always good on ryzen and with this kit you get rgb.

So i figured I wouldn't have that much room for a mid tower atx build so I'm gonna go for a micro atx build so I'm gonna go for this Case: fractal design define mini c black window Mobo: asrock ab350m pro 4 Cpu: amd ryzen 5 1600 Ram: corsair vengeance Lpx 16gb Psu: evga supernova 650 g2 Gpu: evga geforce gtx 1060 sc gaming acx 2.0 Ssd: Samsung 850 evo 500gb Hdd: wd blue 1tb I decided since this is my first build I dont need flashy rgbs. But down the road I may replace the case fans with rgb 120mm fans

The look of the build is entirely up to you. Does not change performance at all. All the parts look fine to me. Good luck with your build.

Really appreciate it, when i get it built, will definitely post pics of it

General_C 1 point 14 months ago

Hitman, would you like an atx mid tower case such as the fracal design meshify c?

Edit: It has a meshed front panel so it enables much better airfloww

I mean what you suggested in that list looks really good to me, and I'd definitely go for it if it gives me good performance, just kinda worried about buying a motherboard cause some reviews kinda make me cautious cause some people receive doa boards

[comment deleted]

I was wanting to spend around 1200, but i was gonna buy part by part

[comment deleted]

What about the link that nullarc77 showed me. Does that build look good?

[comment deleted]

Seems like a pretty great build to me, i may just go with this

I'm gonna have a 1tb hdd with it, i was gonna put the os in the ssd and have the 1tb hdd as extra storage

Adrew24 1 Build 0 points 14 months ago

From what I have seen and heard, AMD processors are much less reliable than Intel ones, meaning they tend to malfunction much more. See if you can get a coffee lake i5 processor. Also, no point in pairing a non-overclockable CPU with a z-series motherboard.

AMD cpus have been historically more reliable then intel chips. There is a reason why the AMD FX cpus hold the record for overclocking on CPUZ.

https://valid.x86.fr/records.html

They are just generally slightly less powerful. But comparing an unlocked r5 to a locked i5 the unlocked r5 if overclocked will perform roughly the same now and even better in the future when games can more easily use more then 4 cores. No matter what company you choose the cpu will probably outlast all the other components.

General_C 1 point 14 months ago

With the new Ryzen processors, Amd just gave Intel some serious competition. It is very reliable!!! Maybe with the previous Amd processors, they have been known to overheat but not Ryzen!

Edit: Plus all Ryzen cpu's come with a really good stock cooler that looks better than Intels too.

[comment deleted]
Adrew24 1 Build 1 point 14 months ago

I got it from experience. Many of my friends went with AMD parts in their builds, and the CPUs always seemed to have some sort of problem after a couple months. Maybe it's just a coincidence.