add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CeX is ceasing business in the United States

tomtomj2

20 months ago

It’s looks like CeX US (https://us.webuy.com) is closing down all its US locations. They had lots of good deals on some Used PC hardware like GPUs, CPUs and RAM. They also had other things like Laptops, games, consoles, phones and stuff like that.

I got a couple of good things from them and I missed out on two things I wanted because they stopped shipping.

HOWEVER, if anyone is in the Boston area looking for a GPU, that location is still open and they have a 1080 Ti for $520, pretty good deal.

RIP CeX.

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I've never heard of them they could have been a good alternative to eBay to me

nvm I thought they were like an online store, not local ones

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

They were pretty good, their GPU prices and CPU prices were always so good compared to other used markets.

This is where I got a Titan X Pascal for less then a new 1080 Ti, couldn’t pass up a card like that for only $600, free shipping too lol

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Titan Xp or Xpp?

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

Still can't believe Nvidia managed to the **** up the Titan name twice.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

Agreed lmao

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

2019 - Introducing the new Titan XPpXpPxp

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Titan X Pascal. The first one.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah. Still a VERY good deal

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Titan X (Pascal), not the Titan Xp

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, the first one.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, that's a hell of a deal. I wonder if this will be a full bankruptcy or one in which they consolidate with the possibility of a return.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like it’s time to use Google to find out lol

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I know Charter did this in the mid-2000's and has been making a pretty strong return in the mid-west market.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

They're just closing their stores in the US, they have 450+ stores worldwide, 352 of them in the UK.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like im going to have to catch a plane from Houston to Boston, that's one hell of a deal even if the gpu prices were not insane right now.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Dew it

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I used to live half an hour from Boston, i only got into computers when i moved away, so i missed prime opportunity visits to Microcenter, the closest to me is like 3 states away

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube