add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How good is the Dell XPS 15 for gaming (for example League of Legends) and productivity (like schoolwork and stuff?)

Nater650

21 months ago

Just curious

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Which XPS 15?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Any model

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

gaming wont be stellar for sure since none of the XPS 15 have any discrete GPU and they all use the Intel HD 630 graphics. Also, theres huge variances from model to model for the RAM and CPU so a basic one will be behind the top model using a 7700hq.

If I were you, I would look at something with the upcoming AMD iGPU chips from intel or AMD instead. It will likely be more expensive though.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Intel? Sure. AMD? Oh heck no

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

The new Ryzen mobile chips with integrated VEGA GPUs are performing better than Intel's.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

The last laptop I had came equipped with an AMD A8-6410 that struggled with everything except for web browsing, and checking emails

I am NEVER going back to AMD again

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It had plenty of cores, but no hyperthreading and it’s clock speed was really low

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It has a 4k monitor but it won't be able to run most games at 4k unless you get one of the more expensive configurations. And since you only play league of legends you won't really need a 4k monitor

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I don’t actually have any plans of playing league of legends I was just using that as an example

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

How good is the Dell XPS 15 9560?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube