add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need helping deciding between these 2 laptops

Nater650

20 months ago

Which one should I go with?

Dell Inspiron 15 7000

OR

Dell XPS 15

Here’s what I’ll be doing: Schoolwork, Web browsing, Microsoft Office usage, checking emails, gaming

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

The Dell XPS 15 would be better for school work. The Dell Insprion 15 (Gaming, I assume) is big, heavy, has a shorter battery life, and makes it look like you're gaming even when you're using the calculator app.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m specifically looking at the Dell XPS 15 9560 and the Dell Inspiron 15 7559

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

iirc the Dell XPS 15 9560 has a Killer Wireless AC 1535 WiFi adapter in it which is not too good. I have read horror stories of that WiFi adapter making people’s WiFi networks completely unusable

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds good

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds Great!

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Completely unrelated, but how good is the Alienware 15? I’m thinking of getting that instead of the XPS 15

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

AW 15 R2, R3, or R4, and at what price?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

The Alienware 15 R3

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

At $1649

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd go with the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 because of the gpu

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Nah, would rather go with the XPS 15 because of its long battery life

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

According to the specs page the Dell XPS 15 9560 even though it’s not a gaming laptop, has a GPU it (a GTX 1050)

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s also lighter than the Inspiron 15 7000

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I honestly agree with tan3xx. You will be sorely disappointed with a 1050 if you actually plan on gaming. If you only play, say, csgo, go for it. But if you want to play any new titles it's not going to work. I doubt pubg would even be playable.

EDIT: I know this is a bit late.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

well have fun running games with low fps

• 20 months ago
  • 0 points

It turns out the specs of the inspiron 15 7559 are actually worse. (i7-6700HQ and GTX 960M)

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

So that probably means even lower FPS

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m screwed

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Well what laptop should I go with and if I want to do schoolwork and gaming

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Apparently the Alienware 15 R3 has better specs but a smaller battery

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah go for the XPS. Gaming laptops follow the trend of not lasting long, not being durable, or having a terrible battery life. However, if you are on a budget than the XPS is not for you.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

To be honest, I haven’t decided what games I’ll be playing on the laptop

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube